Thursday, July 22, 2010

Miracles

      Science has a way of taking the wonder out of the world. I wrote that in a journal one day. I don't know why. It was scribbled on the edge of the page. That single phrase has stuck with me throughout my life. It makes me realize what a great and awsome miracle faith is. Everyone has some sort of faith. It can be faith in a higher power or in yourself. It can be faith that the sun will rise the next day and that the stars will come out to play at night. Faith. What a small word. It has as many meanings as there are people on earth. The following is a miracle sent in by Rober Wilson. It's about how he came by his faith. I want to thank Rober for sharing such a wonderful miracle that happened to him.


Robert Wilson

I have had miracles happen in my life. The most astounding one

that really woke me up was when I was 14 years old.  I went to a summer
program to study college course's. They had an in ground Olympic
swimming pool. I swam the shallow end for awhile but then I started
swimming the deep end edge to edge, bad mistake, I go to the middle of
the deep end and was wore out.  I just couldn't go anymore. I gave up I
held my breathe as long as I could but then decided that this must be my
time, so I proceeded to breathe in water. A peacefulness came over me.
with my eyes wide open I seen a tunnel and at the end of that tunnel was
Jesus with his arms outreached for to welcome me. The next that I
remembered was my guidance counselor getting the water from my lungs.
This is why I preach to everyone. They can believe me if they want or
they don't but I know for a fact that they best get right with God and
start having faith for he is real and praise the Lord I can testify to
that.
 
      I have a lot of friends with a lot of different beliefs. I'm very thankful for that. I enjoy the conversatioins and listening to the different perspectives when it comes to this one word...FAITH. There isn't a single person on the planet that will be able to convince me that there isn't a higher power. There is a different name for all the different belief systems out there. The one common denominator in all of them is faith. 
 
      I'm sure you're wondering what the first sentence has to do with this whole blog. Here is a question for you to ponder. If science is able to take the wonder out of the world, then how does it explain faith? I have never met a person who hasn't prayed for something at one time or another. I wonder, have any of you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger