Sunday, January 30, 2011

Writing Tips

When I started this blog I have to tell you I had NOOOooo idea what I was going to do with it. What started out as an experiment in life and trying to come up with different things to say or do on a daily basis has turned into a great learning tool and a central place to keep all the stuff I like to do organized. Those who know me are probably thinking "You are organized?" because you know I always have kids at my house and there is always a lot going on. It's something I love about my life.

As most of you know, a few weeks ago I started a radio show named after this blog on blog talk radio. I love it!

However, it struck me earlier this evening that I could post the inspirational words and advice that has been shared by other writers in the interviews. What a cool concept! Sharing the knowledge and learning from others is always a good way to go. I love listening to great success stories and even learning from past mistakes. BTW, I can thank Stacy, author of YA Fantasy Guide for this one. She suggested I add writer tips.

My thoughts about this were, "I'm not published yet, so why would anyone want to listen to what I have to say?"

However, I interview published writers every week. Why not hear what they say?

For this reason, every Tuesday after a show has aired, I'm going to post the words of advice from the show. Consider this a way to gain knowledge from others. The first writer I'm going to start with is Stephen Prosapio, author of current novel Dream War and soon to be released,  GHOSTS OF ROSEWOOD ASYLUM. (slated to be out in June)

The way I see it, there is nothing better than sharing all we can while we're here. After all, how else can we learn, get inspired or be inspired?

Should anyone have a tip they wish to share, feel free to let me know via message on FB. I think this is going to be a lot of fun and the collective knowledge is going to really make my own toolbox grow! Huge hugs to all of you!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger