Monday, November 18, 2013

Welcome T. R. Stampz


 
Welcome to The Eclectic Artist Cave T. R. Stampz
 
What is the Title of your latest book? What is it about? My latest book is called The Many Lives of Mandy. It is a collection of short Erotica stories dealing with the adventures of Mandy. Mandy and Devon have some lessons to catch up on in order for him to graduate, but Devon teaches her a few things of his own.
Mandy and Alex make sweet music together after all she wanted was for him to play a song for her on the radio.
Mandy and Derek have more than business on their minds after she takes a job as his personal assistant.
And Amanda and Michael meet when she stops at her favorite bar and grill for quick burger, but end up with much more than a side of fries.

What made you decide to write? I have always had little scenarios going through my head and one day I decided to put them down on paper. I never thought I would ever be published. I was doing it to try and quiet the voices in my head. Lol

What inspires you? I can be inspired by just about anything. I can see a couple walking down the street and it will trigger something in my head to come up with a story about them, I use past experiences in my own life, and music. Music is a big trigger for me.

What authors do you love? Wow, there are so many. Stephen King, early Charlaine Harris works, and of course all of my fellow authors at Firefly & Wisp.

What authors do you hate? I can’t think of one single author by name, but I cannot handle authors who will continuously use brand names for items. I read a book a while back that drove me nuts. Instead of saying she was taking an aspirin, it was Tylenol, instead of drinking a soda, it was a Pepsi. It was pages and pages of this type of thing. We the reader doesn’t need to know what brand it was, just that they used the item.

What authors do you hate to love? I don’t think I really have an author I hate to love.

Who is your favorite character in your book? My favorite character from my most recent book is Alex. He is based on an actual love from my past and I really enjoyed remembering that experience while writing the story.

What part of the writing process do you enjoy the most? I love building tension. Whether it is a sexual situation or an action piece, I love building that scene until it crescendo at the apex.

What part of the writing process do you least enjoy? Writing dialogue is the worst thing. For me, it is so time consuming and not very fun. I know what I want the characters to say, but putting it down on paper is tedious for me.

Can you tell us about your latest WIP? My latest work is called On the Back: My Life as a Biker’s Old Lady. I love bikers and bikes. I love Sons of Anarchy and that inspired the story. I wanted to write a story from the Old Lady’s point of view instead of the biker’s point of view. It tells the story of how a teenage girl goes from a good home to being in the middle of a biker club- the good and the bad.

What are some marketing tips you can share? No one wants marketing tips from me. I am horrible at it. Lol I wish I did a better job at getting my work out there.

What is your day job? I no longer have a day job. I used to be a Licensed Medical Massage Therapist, but I developed a condition that prevents me from practicing any more.

What profession other than writing would you like to try? I would love to be a doctor. I love the thought of helping people.

What is your favorite curse word? I actually have two. One I use only on the rarest of occasions, but F word or any variation of it is what I use the most.

What is your favorite word? Bizarre-I am not sure why I started using it, but I use it quite often and usually for no apparent reason. lol

What three things do you need to have around you when you write? Caffeine, music and the television on at the same time, and cigarettes. 

What tips do you have for new writers? Write! Don’t try to emulate another author, use your own voice. Tell your own story. When we try to be the next JK Rowling or Stephen King, we will fail. They are already published, but you may not be out there already. Be yourself and have your own style.

What would you like to say to your fans? I would like to say that without you, I would not be here. I would not have my books out there. It is you, the reader, you keep me going. You are the best fans ever. I love meeting you and getting to know you. I would also like to say thank you for standing with me on my journey.
 
You can find T. R. Stampz at the following links.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger