Saturday, July 24, 2010

Miracles

      I have been exrtemely lucky when it comes to walking away alive and uninjured. When I was pregnent with my first son, Jacob, I rolled a truck and killed a cow. It was the dead of winter and I wanted something to drink. In truth, I really was hormonal and needed to get out of the house.

      It was snowing that night. I had never driven on snow, let alone on a dirt road in the middle of no where. I grew up in San Diego, CA,  home of fun in the sun. The whole idea of living out in the country never crossed my mind. I loved the city with all it's paved roads and the energy of all the people who were just going about their day. The thing is my now ex, hated living in the city. That should have been my first clue that things weren't going to work out.

      So, here I am; in the dead of night during a snow storm on a dirt road. I went around the bend doing about five to ten minles an hour, when the truck decided it was going to fishtail. My now ex, told me when this happens to head to the grass because there is more traction, and that's what I did. What I didn't know was there was a cow in the tall grass trying to keep warm. the nesxt thing I know, the truck takes a tumble of it's own.

     By chance, luck or miraculously, the truck landed on all four wheels. I was so scared, I'm pretty sure I peed my pants. I got out of the truck in the dead of night, scared, crying and alone. I was sure I heard a mountain lion or something. That was when I realized I lost my glasses. For those who don't know, I can't see a thing without my glasses. I'm like Velma on Scooby Doo when she goes to the floor looking for her glasses. Looking back now, I know it was just another cow, but at the time, I was positive it was a wild animal out for blood. I mean after all, I was in the middle of the country.

      I somehow managed to get the truck started. I pressed on the gas and let out the clutch. I really believe the truck drove itself back to the house. When I reached the house, it stalled in the yard. Everyone came running out wanting to know why I parked the truck in the middle of the yard.

      It was a miracle Jacob survived, unharmed and a miracle I walked away with out a single bruise.

The following is a miracle from a friend of mine named Cheryl Tidwell

      Cheryl Tidwell


      Hi Joann I have a great one, my brother got a brand new kidney Christmas day 2005. He fought long and hard to keep it, but it was rejected, so he's back on ghe waiting list. But that was a true Christmas miracle.
          
      I'm sure your wondering what one has to do with the other. The answer for me was simple. Either way you look at it, they are about the miracle of life. It is a miracle that her brother was able to get a kidney on Christmas. It was a miracle that Jacob was born without a single problem because of my accident. Life is prescious. It is the "it" thing that makes us fight everyday for a better way. It's the one thing we should all cherish. I don't know about you, but to me, you only get this life, one time, so live it well.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Miracles happen all the time, we just have to open our hearts and our eyes to them!

Rachel @ http://tarotbyrachel.blogspot.com/

ShadedLady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeanne Sampson said...

Good stories Joanne. They make you really appreciate life!

Joann H. Buchanan said...

Thank you soo much you guys. I'm glad that you are enjoying them...smiles...hugs

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger