Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Single Moment

      YES!!! Before I get started, I wanted to tell you about how close I am to finishing the bones of I AM WOLF. It is such an awesome thing to know that I have created something like this. I have posted the first chapter to it on a page under "My Projects". I have received GREAT comments on my Fb wall and people are even sharing it on their wall. What an honor that is.

      So, now onto the blog.

      When I was a child, I would get in trouble all the time. With that trouble came the punishment, grounding without tv and radio. Those who remember the days without video games will understand how terrible this was for me. Oh My God how was I ever going to spend my time. No tv, no radio and absolutely NO going outside. I have to thank my parents for this one. Out of those groundings, and believe me there were a lot of them, came my love of reading and passion for writing. Here I am today, working on my third novel. What a thrill that is. There are two novels that will forever collect dust. I don't know what to say about them accept they are practice. That's what it takes to make it in any business, lots and lots and lots of practice.

      I bet your wondering why I chose this topic today, you know, since I wrote about writing a few weeks ago. It's simple really. The following story was sent in by my friend, and now partner on a new blog called Slaves to the Muse. She is a fellow writer who bring passion to her work. I look forward to working with her on this venture.

Tami Snow

 Ok then. Another one of my "eureka" moments is when I finished my first novel. I never thought in a million years that I could write something so extensive. And I certainly never thought I could write for a living. It was always something I... did for enjoyment or to release pent up energy. It's sort of ironic in that I always professed that I would never partake in an occupation that I'd have to perch myself behind a computer screen for a career. Now there is nothing I'd rather do for a living. The intense feeling of gratification I feel creating worlds is like no other. I highly recommend it!

      The point to all this is simple. If you have a dream, go for it. Don't let you hold you back. I really believe there isn't an excuse to doing what you love to do. We all have excuses. "I don't have time." I have to work." "The kids need me." I don't have the money."

      Well, it's time to stop with the excuses and just do it. I didn't have a computer for the longest time because of a house fire. I still wrote though. I did it because I wanted to maintain my growth. Granted, no one could read my journal to save their lives, but, I can; and that's all that matters.

      I write because I love it. I create whole worlds just because I can. After all the only person who says I can't that would be right, would be me.

Thank you Tami Snow for sharing with me and for asking me to be your partner on our future endeavour. You always amaze me as a fellow artist...smiles...hugs...

Remember, for those who are reading this, live by this credo: Above all else, entertain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger