Sunday, October 24, 2010

Can you Feng Shui your Life?

Feng Shui is the art  is an ancient Chinese system of aesthetics believed to use the laws of both Heaven (astronomy) and Earth (geography) to help one improve life by receiving positive qi. (che)

***Taken from Wikipedia***

The question of the day is can you Feng Shui your life? Is it possible to rearrange your life to make it more positive?

It would seem there is a simple answer to the question. Cut the people out of your life that bring negative energy. The problem with this is we are all made of both negative and positive energy. The key to this is finding a balance between the positive and the negative energies in our lives.

To Feng shui your life is to make necessary changes and looking deep within yourself at your own insecurities. It also means being able to see the people who bring out the negative and doing something about it. Inner enlightenment can only come from facing the truth about who you are as a person.

I have a friend who sometimes brings out my own insecurities about myself with out meaning to.  This has to do with me and all the things I have worked on and overcome in my life. Does this mean that the person is a negative influence on my life? No, it means that I'm going to have to work harder on my own insecurities. It means looking pass the faults and realizing they are what make me unique.

Are in securities a bad thing? Some would say yes. I believe they make us human. They make us more compassionate about those around us. Let's say you meet someone who reminds you of yourself when you were younger. This person is awkward, or needs help with something that you're good at. Maybe it's a small thing, but this person reminds you of you. We all grow as people,  to me, it's better to help this person pass through a very difficult time in life. It becomes even more when you can give back, even when no one was there for you. The positive impact you have on a life is something that can't be weighed and measured. It has no monetary value and it means little when it comes to the bottom line. What is does give you is a glimpse of the person you used to be and allows you to reflect on how far you have come and where you're going.

I have another friend who is beautiful, talented and funny. She is also somewhat of a know it all. She is sure her way is the right way and will correct me no matter how embarrassing the timing is for me. All the positive out weighs the negative, so I deal with it. Is that a good thing? I don't know. The one thing I do know is this person has made me grow in so many different ways that cutting this person out would be a mistake. We all have our flaws. We either accept a person as a whole or not at all. Pretending to be there for someone when you aren't, is such a negative thing, that I find it would be impossible for me to do. I have a hard time with hypocrites. So much so, that for me it's better to be honest than fake.

To Feng Shui your life is to make difficult changes. It means realizing where your balance is and understanding that we are all flawed in one way or another. If you can understand the difference between a negative person and a person who makes you face things you don't want to, then there is hope that you can make a change for the better.

When we start with ourselves, we give light to the world without knowing it. It shines from within and brings light to those around us. Feng Shuiing you life isn't always easy, but it's worth it in the long run.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger