Friday, November 26, 2010

Sometimes Life Hurts

 It seems like every time I think I have life figured out another stone is tossed in the water. The truth is when the ripples hit the water, it feels more like waves pounding on the surface of my heart. Most of the time I don't know what to do so I just wait and see how things are going to turn out.  It is by no means easy. My hope is that things will work out for the best.

It's in times like these that I really believe everything happens for a reason. I have lived long enough to see that the things we think are bad, really are a good thing in the long run. I just wish it was easier to deal with...but it isn't, and that is as they say it that. There are no excuses or even bridges over the things we have to go through. There are no short cuts in the experiences that make us who we are. If there were, you can be sure to know I would tell you where they are.

I'm sitting in my living room right now, looking at my life. Some of it is really good and other parts are wounds that will never truly heal. They don't haunt me though and I guess that's a good thing. They just are...they just exist. There are days I wish I could say 'I'm gonna go back and make a different decision' the thing is, it never works that way.

I don't know what to do all the time. I just know that right now, everything happens for a reason. There are things in life that can kill you, that should kill you but it doesn't. Divorce should kill you, but it doesn't. Your child choosing to live with a different parent, but it doesn't. Even watching your sick family member should kill you and yet, here we are, all of us still alive. We can choose to do one of two things. We can wallow in it. Drown in the sorrows that life has to give us, or now here's the hard one, we live with hope, faith and love for everything else life has to offer.

There is no other thing to say except maybe: Live with what you have, enjoy who you have and love that which is good in life. Don't focus on the negative. Most of us drive ourselves crazy trying to figure out where we went wrong. Don't do that. Learn from yesterday and hope for tomorrow but live in today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger