Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What I Know

I hate quotations, tell me what you know. ~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~

Inspiration comes from many places and can come from a  friend quoting a beloved poet. Thank you Jeanne Norris for inspiring me on this blog post.

What I know is simple. Life is what you make it. The seconds drift off the clock the same way for everyone. Laughter really is the best medicine. Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion. I love the laughter of children. Work hard and be true to who you are and good things will happen.  You get in return what you put out there. It's always better to listen then to talk, you never know what you'll learn. Treat others the way you want treated. Show respect to those around you. Please and thank you go a long way to building mutual respect.

Yes, the things I know are simple. They have taken a lifetime to learn. What I learn everyday builds upon what I already know and the wisdom I have is small compared to most. As we go through life we are given hardships in order to grow as people. The one thing I know is that if we don't learn from those hardships, we will repeat the process.

I'm one of those people who truly believes everything in life happens for a reason, and no matter what, when you get knocked down, it's always better to pick yourself up and dust off. Staying down gives nothing. Every person I have met has taught me something when I've taken the time to listen.

The hardest thing to do in the world for some is to admit when you're wrong. The thing about this is when we are able to admit that, then we have a chance to grow, change and learn.

As I have said, the things I know are simple. They can be summed up in a few words. They are the basic wisdom's of my life. The things I use to build upon. The foundation to every person is simple. The complexities are in the layers built on top of  the foundation. This is what I know.

Once again, thank you Jeanne Norris for quoting Ralph Waldo Emerson, it inspired me...smiles...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger