Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What We Do is Significant

What ever you do in life is insignificant, but it's important that you do it. ~~Gandhi~~

Even in the Decemberist of days, chaos is best. It lets you know your alive. What I do may not be significant to the rest of the world, but in my small home, surrounded by the people who love me, what I do is very significant.

I know that sounds weird but the truth is we are all important to a few people in the world. We make a difference even when we don't know it. I learned a lesson like that today. I had a friend call me and want to talk about something I'm not comfortable with because it brings up too many bad memories. It was something I couldn't talk about and because of that, I responded poorly. For that, I'm sorry. What I'm not sorry for is not wanting to discuss it. I couldn't talk about it. There were too many painful memories that came up with the topic. My friend was sure I blew him off. The truth is, I didn't. I just couldn't talk about it.

I know I'm not perfect. I also know things that happen to people I care about affect me in such an intense way that it hurts me to the bone.

I realized after an email from this friend that what I did and how I reacted affected him in a bad way. I don't apologize for not wanting to talk about it, because it's too painful. I do however wish I hadn't made that person feel like that. He didn't understand where I was coming from and that's ok.

We are all significant to those we are in contact with. We matter. What we do and say matters. It is important not to lose sight of that. Sometimes I do, what can I say...I'm just a girl in a small town.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger