Tuesday, October 4, 2011

7 Scorpions Rebellion by Mike Saxton

7 Scorpions: Rebellion7 Scorpions: Rebellion by Mike Saxton

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Mike has written a fast paced fun read that made me instantly want to play the video game and see the movie. Amidst the apocalypse setting, he has created three dimensional characters that make you laugh and cheer. The depth of the novel is impressive and should be also listed as steam punk. The vivid details in the realistic setting drew me in with great energy and excitement. The one thing I loved was the progressive action. Not once did I find myself skipping words or paragraphs because I loved every word of it. The whole of the action sequences were described in such a way as I felt I stood invisible in the middle of it all.



I don't want to give away any spoilers. Just needless to say, I'm glad there is going to be another book and I WANT to play the game first!!



The truth is I can't remember the date I finished this book because I read it a couple times. The first time I read it for fun and the second to learn. For those who are writing a lot of action sequences, I strongly recommend you purchase this book and make notes. For those who are wanting a fun, exciting read with all sides of humanity tossed in the mix, this is the book for you.



This is an amazing debut novel! Where is book 2?



View all my reviews

2 comments:

Mike said...

Book 2 is coming soon. Just checking the type setting now. :-)

Unknown said...

Wonderful post of his book. He truly is a great author.

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger