Friday, October 7, 2011

Morrigan Michele's Betrayed

Betrayed (Blood and Magick #1)Betrayed by Morrigan Michele

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


At 17 it's really hard to know where you fit in. The one thing I liked about this was the character Alexis knew she didn't fit in and went through a short period where she wanted to. That was a very poignant part of the book. The flow of the novel was fast paced and had a lot of twists and turns and the character dialogue felt realistic to that particular age group.

The partnered writers in this novel didn't feel like they were separate writers at all. The book moved with an ease and flow with the mind from one person. The distinct style was refreshing and the description was just right, leaving enough for me to use my own imagination.

The character, Alexis, who lives in Eerie, discovers a family secret and from there the adventure begins. The opening of the book captured my heart right away because I felt Alex's voice in this. She is a typical 17 year old girl with the same thoughts we all went through at that age but with one twist. (no spoilers here!! You're just going to have to read the book.)

Though Sebastian isn't mentioned a lot in Betrayed, I have to say that I want to know more about him. I'm looking forward to the next installment of Betrayal. This is going to be one story that is going to be imitated but believe me, no one could duplicate the MAGICK captured in this novel.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger