Monday, December 19, 2011

Mike Saxton's 7 Scorpion's Series

         7 SCORPIONS REBELLION

On May 7th, the mysterious dictator known only as the Zodiac unleashed an event called the Flash Storm, destroying every major city and military base across the world in one moment. No one saw it coming. There was no warning. There was no terrorist chatter. Hundreds of millions perished almost instantly. Humanity across the globe was plunged into chaos. In the days that followed, the enigmatic and frightening Seekers marched on the remnants of humanity, systematically enslaving or destroying everyone in their path.

All attempts to stand up to Zodiac's Grand Army failed. His Seekers, who radiate a mysterious aura that induces intense fear were virtually unbeatable. It seemed as though the prophecies of the End of Days were coming to pass until the day came that a glimmer of hope arose in the form of an exile who had been part of a super soldier experiment. It is up to this man, Vincent Black, to rally a resistance to free humanity from the grips of oblivion, if he can let go of his past.

MY REVIEW


Mike has written a fast paced fun read that made me instantly want to play the video game and see the movie. Amidst the apocalypse setting, he has created three dimensional characters that make you laugh and cheer. The depth of the novel is impressive and should be also listed as steam punk. The vivid details in the realistic setting drew me in with great energy and excitement. The one thing I loved was the progressive action. Not once did I find myself skipping words or paragraphs because I loved every word of it. The whole of the action sequences were described in such a way as I felt I stood invisible in the middle of it all.

I don't want to give away any spoilers. Just needless to say, I'm glad there is going to be another book and I WANT to play the game first!!

The truth is I can't remember the date I finished this book because I read it a couple times. The first time I read it for fun and the second to learn. For those who are writing a lot of action sequences, I strongly recommend you purchase this book and make notes. For those who are wanting a fun, exciting read with all sides of humanity tossed in the mix, this is the book for you. 

While I know I posted this same post a while back. I felt it was necessary to re-post this review so those who are just learning about the series could be brought up to date.
     7 SCORPIONS:REVOLUTION
  The war against the Grand Army raged for over a year and a half. Despite their valiant efforts, the rebels of Militia 28 are losing. With dwindling supplies and eroding hope, they have one last chance. The recent discovery of a weapon long thought lost rekindles their ambitions of eventual victory. If only they can get to it before Night Viper’s past comes back to destroy them.

With his massive Ziggurat almost complete, the dictator Zodiac is poised to unleash his “final solution” upon the shattered remnants of humanity. The pawns are maneuvered into place and secrets will be revealed that will change the face of the rebellion forever. Who is Zodiac? What was the purpose of Project Scorpion? Most important, will the war ever end?

7 Scorpions: Revolution is the sequel to the award winning 7 Scorpions: Rebellion.

MY REVIEW

A few weeks ago, I opened my door to go take my daughter to school and what should be sitting on the steps in a little square box but 7 Scorpions Revolution. I picked up the box and raced into the house to open it. I felt like a little girl on Christmas Day and Santa had delivered early.

Once again I was taken away into a world that was filled with possibility and wrapped up in this small band of renegades who refused to go down without a fight. The story opens up with a break in to a secret location. Part of the dialogue I giggled at right off the bat was, "Vincent's in trouble again." To which was replied, "He's always in trouble," Already absorbed into the story because of the first book, Mike did a good job at letting the readers know what had happened in book 1 and maintained the forward movement of the story.

I also noticed a lot of growth, not only with the characters, but in Mike's writing as well. His use of the English language not only has become more fluid in the story telling, but it also swept me away into a world where by the end I was thinking, WOW this could really happen.

In this book you will find a few new characters and some of the minor questions from book one left behind, are answered. Mike once again takes you on a fast paced adventure that reads like it should be a video game with lots of action. Though I don't want to give away too many of the twists and turns of this fast paced fun to read action filled book, I can tell you this. The end of the book is going to shock you the way the words, "Luike I am your father," shocked movie goers in the 70's. The final blow to the story is sure to make those who are reading the series say HOLY CRAP I DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING!

If you haven't read the story from the beginning you will be missing out. So I recommend going and purchasing the first one, reading it then reading book 2 before he puts out book 3, which I'm sure will complete the wild ride I have enjoyed being on already!! :D

OF COURSE I GIVE BOTH BOOKS A FIVE STAR REVIEW!!

2 comments:

Mike said...

I am absolutely blown away by this review. My gratitude is beyond words!

Joann H. Buchanan said...

You are more than welcome!! :D

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger