Thursday, January 19, 2012

Desire Everlasting By Karen Fuller

Desire EverlastingDesire Everlasting by Karen Fuller

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Karen Fuller's Desire Everlasting was a poignant tale about a girl who lost her parents and was forced into a marriage she didn't want at first.

The story is set during the time just before the civil war. Bree was a strong willed woman who grabbed my attention from the start. She loved her life and was determined to live it on her own terms. When her parents passed, she is forced to move from the city she cherishes to a plantation. Although her aunt just wanted what was best for her, there are times she comes off harsh. That in and of itself was a sign of the times back then. To be obedient and honor parents and guardians was a definite must in that day and age.

The light hearted banter between Gabriel and Bree made is obvious they were attracted to one another right from the start and had the parental figures not interfered, the two would have fallen in love immediately. I especially enjoyed the cougar scene. If you want to know what I'm talking about you're going to have to read it.

Another part I liked about the story was Mr. March, Gabriel and Nathan's father. He was a stubborn man who insisted that his children marry and love who he said. Bree stands up for her "Lower" class friend and insisted that not only should she be invited to the wedding but be allowed to be her maid of honor as well.

I don't want to keep going on this review because I just know that I'm going to say too much. However, I found this a fun read with light giggles and feelings of love. The romance was sweet and tender and the characters experiences allowed them to grow. The only disappointment I had was I wanted more. By that I mean I want to read another book with these characters. They are sweet lovable and make you believe that love conquers all.




View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger