Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Family

      I have a friend who is going through somewhat of a crisis right now. He has written a novel that's based on his life. The novel looks like it's going to be a GREAT success. The problem he is having is that it is based on his family and they aren't very happy about it.

      Family, that single word is suppose encompass unconditional love. That I will always be there for you no matter what. The whole reason we are here is because of our family. I have been blessed with a wonderful family. They have supported me even when I myself didn't know what I was doing. They may have looked at me a little weird, or even not understood why I had to do some of the things I have done. At the end of the day though, they still loved me no matter what.

      My dad is a retired Navy man. Throughout his life he has always been a good example for me. He may have made a few mistakes with me, but so far as I know, he didn't. I'm pretty sure he is one of the wisest men I know, and so far he has not been wrong. Though he would humbly disagree. Even though he has no idea what entails writing a novel and trying to get the word out, he supports me with it all the way. I'm sure that he wonders once in a while what the hell I was thinking when I decided to do this. After all, it isn't a normal 9 to 5 kind of job. It's one of those risk it all and let the chips fall where they may sort of things. He isn't really a big fan of those. Still though, at the end of the day, no matter what, he supports me and loves me.

      My mom is the same way. She is mother earth incarnated in human form. By that I mean that she is able to grow anything, anywhere at anytime. I have seen her bring plants back to life when they were all but dead. She is an artist. Her work is beautiful. She has some paintings and well you name it in the art world she has done it. She is never afraid to let her creative spirit roam free and see where it takes her. She is also a pillar of strength who has taken everything life has thrown at her and said, "I can make it work." She is where I get my motto from.

      I have been blessed in more ways than one. They may not always get me, but they support me in all my little adventures. In that respect, I have been lucky. I guess it's the reason I will never understand why a family would turn their backs on you. I can't think of a single person in my family that would do that. Now, I'm not saying that we always agree. That would be weird because we are all individuals, but; when it comes down to it, they are there for me no matter the situation.

      For my friend, my heart goes out to you, and I have no doubt that my family would adopt you just because you have been my friend. Remember that you are not alone in this world. There are people who will support you no matter what. That sometimes you just have to make a family of your own to get that unconditional love and support.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger