Thursday, August 5, 2010

Laughter and Kids Equals Fun

      I took all the kids and a few of their friends to the thrift store today. It's something I like to do because I can give them all a couple dollars and they can look around and find little treasures they want and it doesn't cost me a lot of money.

      The kids wondered around and found a few items that were cute and they all had fun. The clothes this store puts out are always in good shape and most of the time you can find clothes with the tags on them. They usually have brand name things, all you have to do is look. It's set up like any department store. There is a kids section with adorable displays, a jewelry display case with some of the most beautiful pieces you have ever seen.

      The store has a women's section and a men's section. There is a small room that is full of books that is put together like a library. There is a chair in there to sit on while you search through the books that are all lined on the shelves that go from the ceiling to the floor. The room has that wonderful book smell. I'm pretty sure it's my favorite space there.

      I helped the kids look through the clothes and walked out with two bags of beautiful new used clothes along with a beautiful laced twin bedspread all for around fifteen dollars. I couldn't believe it. There are a lot of people who think it's below them to buy clothes from a place like that. They wouldn't think about going into a shop where everything has another person's history. I don't look at it like that. When I walk into that store, I'm greeted by friendly people. The money goes to help people who need it and to a missionary fund. I feel like I not only was able to contribute in assisting others, but I was also able to make my children and their friends happy. What more could I ask for?

      The sign of the times is more about how little money it takes to make a group of children happy. All it really takes is a little time and a lot of laughter.

    

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger