Monday, August 2, 2010

You Can't Teach an Old Demon New Tricks

      When two of the Characters are named Gabriel Too and Frank the New, you know instantly this novel is going to be a fun adventure. Most of the novel is set in a place called Dogwood county. It's a place where the Mega Mart is actually a training ground for new demons and where spiritual battles take place all the time.
     
      The novel centers around a woman named Rachel Farnsworth, whose marriage has just gone up in smoke and her tiny toddler who just happens to be half demon. Without her knowledge, a sloth demon took over the body of her husband in order to hide out from a fallen angel turned bounty hunter named Sam.

      A hot attraction forms between Sam and Rachel, however her biggest concern is her toddler who is introduced to the story at a birthday party where he makes the cake light on fire.

      Laughter, sadness and even sympathy are all wound together in this story about the power of love at any level. I really hope you check this one out.


*****************************************************************************************

      I went to pick up my children Josh and Sarah yesterday. They were a couple hours late getting there. When they finally made it, I thought they were going to cut the circulation off from my brain because they hugged me so tight...smiles...

     I'm so happy that they are home. They couldn't stop talking to us about all the fun they had over summer. That was just the coolest thing to me. Sarah had to tell me everything that was said and done on the trip. Her details of the summer amaze me to no end. It's like she recorded all the memories inside so she could push play and show me what I missed...smiles...

      I don't know how I can describe the joy I feel about having them back home. It's an even greater joy yo know that they wanted to come home. It turns out that my son didn't like the world knowing about his adhd issue. I have never considered it a bad thing or something that he should be ashamed of. It is one of the reasons he has so much intelligence and one of the things that lets his imagination soar. I'm very proud to have Josh as my son. I hope that he knows that. I talk about it though because I worry about him a lot. I want him to know that there is nothing to be ashamed of and that it doesn't have to stop him from doing anything he wants to do.

      We all have our flaws. We all have things that set us apart from everyone else. It's our differences that make us unique and should be celebrated, not hid away in a box full of shame and guilt. For all those out there who are dealing with an issue like ADHD or Bi-polar, or anything else. I say celebrate. Be proud of who you are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger