Saturday, August 27, 2011

Haunted Times Magazine

There is a lot of talk concerning an old magazine with a new twist, The Haunted Times Magazine. At one time, it was a quarterly magazine now the magazine promises to offer the best of all paranormal on a monthly basis.

With Chris Moon still at the helm, the magazine has taken on not only a new look but fresh blood plasters  the pages with intelligent articles and commentary about events, paranormal views and yes, even a little humor. He has brought together under one roof, some of the most talented people in the paranormal industry. Let's face it folks, paranormal is a HUGE industry that reared its head and has grown into a ginormous pool of people to choose from. The task itself couldn't have been easy.

The no nonsense editor, Beth Brown who is also known as a tv personality, radio show host and writer, mans the helm of the magazine. She is a cool person with an eye for details and a knows a good idea when she sees it.

I have been able to get to know Beth over the course of the last few months since she joined The Shark Radio Network - Tuesday nights she is  the host of the HooDoo Blues Review. Her sexy sultry voice combined with the blues music she plays from all the way back to the 1920's has become one of my muses. She is an amazing person with a witty sense of humor. I have no doubts she's going to ensure the magazine is all it can be.

The new look is from none other than Brian Byers. He is also the person who discovered yours truly. The self proclaimed Renaissance Man has a good eye for art, a marketing guru and a person who always has a positive look on life. He has taught me a lot not only about belief in yourself but others as well. His positivity explodes on the pages of the layout and design of the magazine. His artful approach to life and the people he surrounds himself with makes it easy to see the world through his eyes. He brings life to the articles in the layout and design. Each page is colorful, eye popping and professional looking. I wouldn't expect less from him.

Though I don't know all the contributing writer's, I do know Robyn Ramsey. She is an amazing writer with a lot of passion for the paranormal. She is one of my critique partners. I can tell you if she writes an article it will concise, clear and the truth. Her zany approach to life is reflected in the article she contributed. I'm looking forward to reading more from her and find out more about this new world I have discovered. It is thanks to her that Soulless Light went on to become a novella. I wasn't sure about it and I let her read it. Her thoughts on it were just what it needed and positive notes helped me make it grow.

Another upcoming writer I'm proud to call my friend is Jim Malliard. He has a heart of gold. He went out of his way to put together an event called The Spark where all the money went to Support The Troops. The article in the magazine about the event talks about the drama that occurs in all things. Though there was that bit of drama, The Spark itself was a huge success and the first of an annual event. Jim has been a guiding force in many things that have touched my life.

If you can't tell by now that I love the people running the new and improved magazine, well then you didn't read this close enough. Each one of them has touched not just my life but others as well. The Haunted Times Magazine is sure to carry on with grace, style and integrity just as the people in charge do. If you have questions about the paranormal, it's the magazine to read and if you have an article, it's the place to send it in. Either way, you won't regret it.



1 comments:

ghostrawk said...

LOVE!!!

- B

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger