Friday, July 30, 2010

Miracles

      I quit my job today. Things reached a boiling point. I'm not a person who is quick to anger and for the most part, I'm pretty passive. I usually just say, "Ok," and give in to whatever is going on. Today, I stood up for myself. It's the first time I have ever said I refuse to be treated like crap. I have to say it felt good. The money wasn't worth the hassles any more.

      I think we are given chances in life to grow and overcome some of our own insecurities and flaws. This was my chance to say I have had enough. There are very few consequences to this change accept that I now I don't have to get up at three am to go to work. I liked the job I did. I even didn't mind the hours. It was nice having a little time to myself. What wasn't ok was a person thinking they are allowed to treat people bad. I know some will say, "She still has her job," and they would be right. She sure does. The longer she is there, the more people she will drive off. She has driven off many people. I'm sure I won't be the last.

      When I got home from work and opened my facebook, I received a message from a dear friend of mine. It was a miracle. It was just the positive thing I needed. Lynn Roberson is a person whose faith never waivers no matter the obstacle. I have learned a lot from her. I told her everything that happened and of all things for her to say, she said she was proud of me for taking the step I needed to get out of a bad situation. What a great feeling it was to have someone say they were proud of me for quitting a job...lol...

      The following is another miracle from Lynn Roberson. If you ever get a chance to read her poetry, you should. It's beautiful and always makes me smile...

Long years ago I attended a Christian Yoga retreat and exchanged addresses with a lady there who wrote poetry. Some time passed and neither of us wrote. One day I lay down to rest and was overwhelmed by an impulse to write Jackie a letter and simply tell her that God loved her. I couldn't rest until I obeyed the impulse (which I believe was God). I sealed the envelope and laid the letter on the counter. Not having a stamp, I didn't get it in the mail that day. Then it was gone. I asked my husband if he had mailed it. He had not. He didn't have stamps either, and hadn't mailed anything at all. He laughed and said, "I don't mail my own letters, you have to mail them for me."

We both looked around the area, on the floor....no letter. Puzzled, I put it out of my mind eventually.  
About four months passed, and one day I received a note from Jackie. She thanked me for the letter I had sent her. She said she noticed that it had been written three months before she received it, but that it came "at exactly the time she needed it the most."


What she didn't understand, she wrote, was that my letter showed up in her mail box (out of state) with no stamp and no postmark!

I read her note and had chills. Then I knew for sure it really was God who told me to write the letter. Even now, a few decades later, I am SO grateful to Him for sending Jackie and me such a tangible miracle of His love.

      Lynn said she would pray that I found the right thing for me. I have to say that with her praying for me, anything is possible...smiles...Thank you Lynn...hugs...

      The miracle is this: I stood up for me. I never do that. It was a freeing experience.

2 comments:

Aris Moreno said...

I admire your optimism. What happened to you is just a blessing in disguise. This is really inspiring my friend! :-)

Joann H. Buchanan said...

Thank you sooo much...smiles...it really was a freeing experience for me...smiles...

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger