Saturday, July 31, 2010

Miracles

      Today is the last day for the post about Miracles. It has been an honor and a privilege to be able to share so many stories from others. They have inspired me to new heights and reminded me to keep the faith. In truth, based on the comments, they have touched people in more ways than I ever thought possible.

      For all those who don't know, there is going to be an event on my FB wall to close this section out. People are going to share more. With their permission, they will all be posted on this blog tomorrow to mark the final day of it all.

      For me, in a time where things are unsure because of the economy or life changes, this is the perfect time to witness so many wonderful things that have happened in everyday life. Tiny miracles happen all the time. Whether it's meeting a friend who can help make dreams come true or seeing the sun rise on another day. They are the tiny little things that make life good and let us know that we are all connected in one way or another. The following is a miracle that was posted on my wall by a friend named James Weil. 

James Weil's Miracle that inspired a great change in his life.

     When I was in school in Switzerland I had a friend named Axel. His step father was a famous writer and poet. I loved him like a brother. I even spent Easter vacation with him on the island of Hydra in Greece. The day we left Switzerland we made a pact that we would meet again in Greece in the year 2000. I never forgot that pact. As the year grew closer I realized that Axel no longer lived in Greece. So I contacted the webmaster of one of his fans and asked about where his mother lived. He wrote back that she had remarried and gave me only a city in Norway and her birthdate. So I wrote a letter to her with only her name and birthdate on the envelope.


      Miraculously it arrived, and I was reunited with one my most precious childhood friends, but not without great tragedy. I cannot give anything more away because it is in Swiss Chocolate. But I will give anyone a free, signed copy of my book if they can tell me who Axel's stepfather was. There are tons of clues, but only a true fan could guess who he is.
 
      The change it inspired in his life was to write a novel called Swiss Chocolate. It comes out soon. There is a link on my page to his that shows the first chapter. I am already drawn in by his novel and can't wait to read it.
 
      All of you who have followed my blog, knows I quit my job yesterday. It wasn't planned. I woke up this morning and missed that small moment of silence at 4:30 am. It was something I had become used to. Then it hit me, we become used to things all the time. We accept them as a normal way of life. We don't always see that what might be considered normal really is just a state of familiarity. That's something we all become used to and long to have, even if it's not good for us. We see it all the time with friends and family who go back into abusive relationships or never strive for something more. Change is dealing with the unfamiliar. I say to change, bring it on! I'm so ready to see what is going to happen next...smiles....

      In honor of those who have been writers for a while and are striving now to be writers, once a week for the next month or so, I'm going to review a book I've read. I love reading as much as I love writing. For anyone who wants to join in the discussion or have a book they want to talk about you can email me, send me a FB message or even post a comment. I want to be inspired by this just as much as I have been inspired by all the miracles. I believe writing is one of those miracles. It uses the imagination and takes you away to another world or another time.

      For those of you who are working on a novel or have just been published, this is the time to shine. Let me know so I can talk about it. Making it is hard. Those who are just starting out and have a deal inspire me all the time to keep writing. Those who are in the middle of creating, like myself also inspire me to keep going. There is so much talent out there and so many people I would like to give a forum to them this month. It might be a small one, but we all start somewhere....smiles...hugs...

      To finish this off, I want to tell you about a Marley and Me moment I had with my dog. I posted this on my FB wall the other day. It still makes me laugh. Laughter, oh such a wonderful sound.
     
      I had to run to the shop real quick to find out about the schedule. Mine never changes, but you never know so to make sure I thought I should check into it.


      When I went to leave my house, my little dog Kilo snuck out the door. As I have sai...d before, my dog is sure he is seven feet tall and can take on the world. So Kilo takes off running in the direction of the golf course. I hope in the van with the kids and go chase after him. We get to the golf course and the dog is in the middle of a game. I kid you not. He is chasing some poor old man's ball towards the hole. The old man is shouting, "Get the hell away from my ball!"

      I called out to Kilo who then looked at me and ran the other way. Luckily I had a dog treat in the van from a couple days ago when we went to the park. I pulled out the dog treat, which by the way is his favorite. He stopped dead in his tracks and turns around and looks at me. Here I am, with a dog treat in my hand, a dog wondering if it's a trap and an old man yelling at the top of his lungs for me to get off the grass. The old man takes a couple steps towards me. Kilo must think he is after the treat, because he comes running towards me and snatches the treat out of my hand. I grabbed his collar just on time, and he drags me off my feet. I'm telling you, it couldn't have been more funny if I had scripted it myself. I apologized to the old man and carried my dog to the van. wagged his tail when he got back in the van. The kids clapped and I got in thinking I really need a margarita...lol....I swear my dog is nuts.
 
      Thank you all for joining me on this journey. It has been a pleasure getting to know all of you...smiles...hugs and blessings to all....

1 comments:

Abigail-Madison Chase said...

The greatest thing that has happen to me in the last two weeks is your blog.
Your blog has been a true miracle in my life.......

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger