Tuesday, January 18, 2011

So Much A Do About Nothing

I'm sitting here in the living room. The TV is on in the background but I have my earphones in and I'm listening to 30 Seconds to Mars. For those who know me, you're probably saying "Of course she is," because you know I love that group.

So much a do about nothing is my way of saying I haven't heard anything yet about my novel or what the publishers think of it. The other thing it means is I'm broke. I have to giggle at the last one because I'm always broke. We have a roof over our head and food in our belly's so I'm not going to complain about that one.

The thing that has been bothering me all day is I have a friend who is being emotionally abused and she doesn't know what to do about it. I've told her she needs to get some help and she needs to leave the situation because she doesn't deserve how she's treated.

I feel so blessed and yet there is nothing I can do to help her. It's like the whole publishing thing, I have no control over what happens. It hurts to sit by and listen to her when she has been treated so bad. It hurts to think about what she endures on a daily basis just because she has a dream. I can't imagine my fiance behaving that way. I'm so thankful I have him in my life. He tells me to go for it when I bring up any of my little adventures. He loves all my zany ideas and he even talks me through my doubt. His belief in me is something I can't replace. Thank you John.

As for my friend. I hope she sees the light and realizes that there is a better way. She might not have as much money as she has right now, but she would be able to find someone who loves her for who she is as a person and she would be able to have fun without feeling guilty. I hope she is able to make the choices that are right for her. In the end, it's more about that than anything else.

Huge hugs and lots of love to all of you out there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger